The role of the Press Coordinator is to maintain and expand Sideshow’s press database, and to thoroughly research and craft timely and professionally engaging copy for press releases, as well as providing regular reports and offering logistical support for the Public Relations Manager.
The Press Coordinator would work with Sideshow's Public Relations Manager and the Marketing Content department, as well as being part of the Sideshow Marketing Team. See below for information on Sideshow's COVID protocols.
- Thorough and detailed online research, note-taking, and fact-checking
- Crafting and editing professionally engaging written copy for press releases, emails, and additional marketing content as required
- Maintaining various press and content related software platforms
- Sending and monitoring press releases and marketing outreach
- Maintaining and documenting professional communication with Sideshow staff as well as external partners, media outlets, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional and proven experience creating creative copy in a variety of “voices” for different platforms or formats
- Experience working in press and/or media outreach
- Clear and efficient communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, excellent time management, and ability to work to flexible deadlines
- Research-led mindset, with a willingness to expand personal knowledge of Sideshow’s products, characters, and licensing
- Ability to function as part of a team, as well as work independently with focus and discipline
- Must be a pro-active self-manager. Someone who is always passionate about the next task or project
- Ability to adapt to last minute changes and speedy turnarounds
- Excellent attention to detail with willingness to critically assess your own projects. Always looking to level-up
- Expert in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, and Outlook
- Multi-tasking mindset essential
- Calm under pressure
- Must be comfortable communicating via phone, web-conferencing (Zoom etc.), and email
- Familiarity with project management tools (Basecamp or similar) preferred
- Experience with media tracking / analytical tools (Meltwater or similar) preferred
- Experience and understanding of SEO is preferred
- A passion for pop culture, collectibles, and geeky interests a bonus
- This is a full-time position with benefits. (401K, Profit Sharing Plan)
- Telecommuting option available with requirements to work in office periodically throughout the year or work in office full-time in our Thousand Oaks, CA Headquarters
- Relocation assistance is NOT available
- Applicants will undergo background, credit, and security check
- Examples of copywriting required
Pop Culture is Our Culture: http://www.sideshow.com/careers/
In 1994, Sideshow embarked on a mission of connecting people with their favorite characters and icons from the worlds of film, television, comic books and popular culture. Today, we are a specialty manufacturer and distributor of the most highly sought-after licensed and original collectible products, sustained by a passionate worldwide community that is committed to the lifestyle of collecting figure art. Our headquarters are located in Thousand Oaks, California.
A Note on COVID Guidelines
In compliance with COVID guidelines, the successful applicant will be asked to initially work remotely, with the understanding that in the future they can choose to:
A: continue to work remotely (with periodically required in-office attendance)
B: work full-time at our Thousand Oaks, CA Headquarters (when the Pandemic restrictions lift*)
*Sideshow complies with all current COVID guidelines, and they are subject to change.