Sideshow, a Ventura County-based collectibles company, with sustained growth, is seeking a Marketing Designer responsible for providing a variety of graphic arts and marketing materials. The ideal candidate has excellent design sense combined with the ability to create and publish various forms of marketing assets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Graphic Design, Digital Media)
- Strong online marketing specific design portfolio (Email Marketing, Social Media Graphics, Online Advertisements, etc.)
- 2-5 years design experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently to achieve fast paced deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with a team of designers and marketers to meet project goals.
- Ability to welcome criticism and willingness to restart, redo or adjust projects.
- Must be able to productively function in a creative and sometimes distracting work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proactively asking questions and alerting management to challenges.
- Strong personal planning and organizational skills.
- Comfort with last minute changes and quick project turnarounds.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and other elements of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Expert Mac OS/Apple computer skills required.
- Expert and demonstratable photo manipulation and retouching skills required.
- Significant skills related to masking objects from complex backgrounds in a quick manner.
- Ability to understand color, compositions, and lighting to create realistic environments from stock imagery.
- Expert skills with Adobe Suite Products.
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social platforms.
- Experience with Basecamp or other project management software usage.
- Pop Culture knowledge is required for this position, defined as a general and executable understanding of popular films, television, comics and other media, from the 80’s through present.
- Willingness to Let Your Geek Sideshow!
- Full-time position with benefits. (401k, Profit Sharing Plan)
- Short-term telecommuting. With an eventual transition to work in our Thousand Oaks, CA headquarters.
- Applicants will undergo background, credit and security check.
- Relocation assistance is NOT available.
- References Required.
- Applicants will undergo a marketing portfolio review and testing session.
- Submit 2-4 samples of marketing design pieces with your résumé.
- JPG format, each file must be less than 5mb.